The Ontario Association of Certified Home Inspectors is proud to support Home & Property Inspectors throughout Ontario. Advocating at Local, Provincial and Federal level on matters that affect Home Inspections in Ontario, we pride ourselves on working hard for our membership.
But we recognise our membership is driven by you and we want to ensure your membership dues are used wisely.
We do not employ expensive market research companies. The organisation is managed by the volunteers on the executive board and standing committees.
We do not use your membership funds for lobbyists, we lobby the regulators on your behalf, as Home Inspectors, and let our members' professionalism speak for itself.
Above all, we believe the price of membership should reflect the tangible savings we can offer in return for that membership.
In return for your support, the Association continues to be the least expensive of all Professional Associations in the home Inspection Profession in Ontario, Canada.
We have maintained this position by the minimisation of overheads, opting for virtual offices and multiple online services rather than physical offices and expensive staff.
We are continuing to secure discounts on services and products that inspectors need to assist them in their daily chores. The savings far exceed the membership cost.
Your membership funds will help your association in developing better services and benefits that you can directly benefit from.
We are always looking for new members to bring forward new ideas to help manage and run your association and would love to hear from you if you have the time and energy to devote to your profession in this way.
Membership dues have helped us achieve some pretty spectacular changes that were negatively affecting our profession
- Removal of Home Inspectors from the Bill-119 Mandatory WSIB registration
- Changes to the new Drone regulations to ensure fairness for inspectors who wish to inspect using UAVs
- Approval from the ESA to allow properly trained inspectors to open electrical panels
- Recognition from the Provincial and Federal Governments of your associations' commitment to better professional inspection standards
- Working in conjunction with the NHICC, PHPIC and CAHPI to try to heal the rifts of the past
- Extended warranty coverages from ISG to reduce members liability
- Reductions in the professional indemnity insurances we are all subject to
Your support will help us complete the work we are doing with various government stakeholders to expand Inspectors earning potential.
Thanks again, not just from us, but from all your fellow members.